Keezing Kreations is about far more than the “business” of fine jewelry design and creation. We’re in the business of making dreams come true. How so? By helping customers custom design exactly the jewelry item they envision, for exactly the right person, with exactly the right message and sentiment attached.
Our expert customized jewelry design process is built on skill and time-honored craftsmanship. Perhaps more importantly, though, it is also built on passion for our craft and heartfelt wishes for your happiness. Picture this: you’ve taken the most important step in your life and decided to propose. But you just can’t find the perfect ring to tell your perfect person just how much you love them. You have a vision of that ring, but the reality of finding that vision is proving trickier than finding ‘The One’! The solution? A Keezing Kreations custom designed ring, designed to match your imagination and exceed expectations!
So many of our Boston jewelry customers contact us saying “I want to design my own ring!” Like the scenario outlined above, some can’t find exactly what they are looking for. Others want to make a personal statement. While others are looking for something that is 100% unique. Whatever your reasons may be for choosing to design your own ring (or other jewelry item), our qualified Boston Jewelry Designers, located in the historic Boston Jewelers Building, are delighted to help you create the custom piece of your dreams.
No design is out of reach or too intricate, no vision too outlandish. Because where other jewelers’ concept of letting you design your own ring might only include choosing your diamonds and setting, at Keezing Kreations we believe that customization goes far beyond this. From concept to finished product the entire custom ring design process is fully customized to your every wish and desire. Whether you’re designing an engagement ring, wedding ring, anniversary ring, eternity band, promise ring, or some other extra special piece of jewelry – a pearl pendant necklace, gold earrings or diamond bracelet, for example – we can help you bring your vision to life. We can even help you redesign family heirloom jewelry to give it new life, or remount and redesign existing jewelry.
In short, no matter what your personal style, stone, sentiment or stimulus for wanting a custom ring, we can help you create the perfect piece.
The Keezing Kreations Custom Experience: 5-Steps to Creating Custom Jewelry
So you’ve decided a custom-designed jewelry item is the only way you’re going to find the perfect piece to match your mood and moment. What now? How does it all work? Don’t worry: with the right jewelers, custom designing a ring or other jewelry item is actually quite a simple process – and it doesn’t have to break the bank!
Our Keezing Kreations’ Boston jewelry designers will guide you through the exciting process of custom-made fine jewelry design every step of the way. And whether you already have a clear idea of how the ring you want to design will look or if you simply know you want to choose the ‘Design Your Own Ring’ option, together we can create something you will love for a lifetime.
Step 1: Initial Consultation
At the initial consultation you will meet with one of our custom jewelry designers to reveal your vision. We encourage you to bring along images, pictures and sketches to this initial meeting. No ideas are wrong! And if you know you want something unique but don’t know what that looks like, we will now give you the opportunity to browse our portfolio of previous Boston custom jewelry designs to gather inspiration. We will also go over your initial design ideas, style preferences, budget, ring sizes and timeline, as well as help you with metal selection and stone ideas. Prepare to be asked a lot of questions designed to help you uncover answers to ensure a finished product that will wow!
Step 2: Diamond/Stone Selection
Based on your budget and stone requirements, we will then review some stone options and settings with you. We get as specific as possible! More than one type of stone? No problem! Different colors? Wonderful! No matter what your stone or style we can deliver a design that you will love.
Step 3: Design and Drawing
Based on our initial consultation and your design ideas, we will now begin the actual design process, using sketches and concept drawings to start. Once you’ve seen and chosen your favorite sketch, we then proceed to creating a CAD design – an online model version of the completed ring. This allows you to visualize your piece with high resolution 3D renderings, with the opportunity to adjust every detail until. Once that is perfected and you’ve given the go-ahead, we move on… now we’re getting to the good stuff!
Step 4: Creation
The Keezing Kreations creation process starts with a wax trial model to ensure perfect fit and design. Once that is approved, we will create the band from your chosen metal, before moving on to setting your chosen stones in your chosen settings and style.
Step 5: Delivery, Appraisal, and Delight!
It’s done! Upon pickup of your one-of-a-kind jewelry masterpiece, we will provide you with a professional appraisal of the ring before sending you home to treasure every moment spent wearing the sparkly stunner.
Finally, remember that at Keezing Kreations we want you to treasure the custom jewelry design process as much as the final product! This is your ring (or other jewelry item), done your way, and we want you to be involved at every single step and precious moment to ensure that the final piece of unique jewelry is exactly as you imagined.
Choosing Your Metal
You may have the perfect design in mind, but do you know which metal you want it made from? Choosing between yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, and platinum (and even silver), is an entirely personal preference but there are some things to consider before making your final decision.
First, you need to determine the skin tone of the intended wearer:
- Warm skin tones go beautifully with rose gold and yellow gold;
- Cool skin tones are perfectly complemented by platinum or white gold.
Budget may also come into play here, with higher 18 karat gold costing more than 14k, and platinum costing more than either of those.
When choosing your metal (and stone for that matter,) also remember to factor in sense of style as well as lifestyle into your design decision making process.
In the end though, it really is a matter of personal preference. If you have cool skin tones but love the look of rose gold, go for it! All that really matters is that you adore the final piece.
Choosing Your Gemstone – Cut, Color and Settings
At Keezing Kreations we can help you source the perfect sparkler for your custom design, or work with any precious stones you already own. Whatever your stone or situation, though, one thing comes standard: designing a ring from start to finish with the help of our Keezing Kreations master jewelry designers guarantees that any diamond or other gemstone ring you create will be a true reflection of your everlasting love for the wearer.
Once you’ve chosen your stone – be it diamond, ruby, sapphire or some other precious treasure, with the help of our jeweler you can now move onto the cut and setting of your choice then build from there. Questions we might ask at this point:
- Do you want a solitaire, a traditional Bostonian three stone setting, or some other special setting for your ring? You can review the selection of settings possible here.
- Do you have a preferred diamond cut in mind? You can review the selection of stone/diamond cuts possible here.
- Do you want to incorporate pave or complementary side gemstones or diamonds?
- What statement do you want the engagement ring design to make: retro, contemporary, modern, classic?
- Do you also want a matching or complimentary wedding ring, now or in the future?
- Have you inherited your grandmother’s or mother’s engagement ring that you’d like to incorporate?
- Do you have any other diamonds or gemstones you would like to use to create a new ring design?
We will help you answer all these questions as we go, and any others you might have, to ensure the custom design process with Keezing Kreations creates results in exactly the end product you dreamed of.
Tips on the Custom Designed Jewelry Process
Finally, a few tips to help make the custom jewelry design process one that you will enjoy:
- Remember that custom pieces do take time. To avoid feeling pressured and rushed, give yourself enough time to get it just right. At Keezing Kreations we can certainly make any timeline work, but generally speaking it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months to create the perfect custom engagement ring. Give yourself the luxury of time to enjoy the process and start the design process early, well before the date you need the ring or other jewelry item for (so long before your planned proposal date, wedding anniversary, or other special occasion being commemorated with this most special of gifts).
- Always set your budget up front, and be upfront about it! Know your budget before you start the custom design process and be sure to share your maximum budget with your jeweler before you begin collaborating on your custom designed item. If we know how much you can spend, our jewelers can help you choose your precious metal, gemstone and complexity of design to meet both your design brief and your budget.
- Take joy in the process. Let the excitement of the occasion – your engagement for example – seep into the creation of the ring so that instead of getting overwhelmed by all the choices and options, you remember the reason you’re doing it in the first place. And remember: we have done this before! As your jeweler, we are here to help guide you, answer any questions you may have, and make sure your custom creation experience is as memorable and happy as the moment it is meant to mark. We are experienced in taking your own ring design concepts – whether simple or complex – and turning them into reality. Plus, we are as invested in this as you are: we want you to love every aspect of your custom designed jewelry; we want our passion for your passion to shine through in the finished product.
Contact our Boston Jewelry Designers to begin your custom designed jewelry process today.